I announced that a new silent auction for Bridget and Barrett was about to begin in this earlier post.
And tah-dah…it has begun!
Browse, bid, and win for a good cause!
November 27 – December 11, 2009
Bridget Zinn and Barrett Dowell face steep costs related to Bridget’s treatment for colon cancer. Their friends are holding an online fundraising auction – anyone can bid and win, and support a good cause! All proceeds will go to Bridget and Barrett to cover their expenses.
There are dozens of generous donations of items for auction.
- Many authors – Bridget’s friends and acquaintances – have donated signed copies of their books;
- There are also a number of manuscript critiques and proofreading services for authors.
- Works of art, food and drink, baby gifts, jewelry, and more.
- Did you miss out on the bidding of the 3 night stay in Pt Townsend? It is being offered again.
Many of the items would make lovely gifts, just in time for your holiday shopping. Take a look – you may find just the thing you’re looking for!
I donated two items.
And a set of four cards with images of the Oregon Coast:
To view other items up for auction:
Enter the Auction ID: bridget
You will need to create an account on the site in order to bid on auction items. (Creating an account simply requires your name, email address, and a password, and it is required so that we can contact you if you win an item.)
Here’s the small print:
- You are bidding on an item or service donated by an individual or business, with the proceeds going to Bridget Zinn. This is not a tax-deductible donation.
- If you are the highest bidder on an item, you will be contacted by email after the auction ends (Dec. 11 or 12). You must respond within 3 days, or the item will go to the next highest bidder.
- Payment will be accepted by check or through PayPal. (Payment instructions will be included with the notification that you have won.) Once your payment has been received, the donor or the auction coordinator will contact you to arrange how you will get your item.
- Email any questions about the auction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to donate to Bridget without purchasing anything in the auction, please send an email to BridgetKicksCancer@charter.net for instructions on where to send a check.
Bridget is a 32-year-old writer and librarian who was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in March. She and Barrett, who have been together since they were teenagers, were married in the hospital just minutes before she went into surgery to remove a large tumor on her colon. She is now undergoing expensive treatment to shrink – and we hope obliterate – additional tumors. The treatment seems to be working, but much of it is not covered by her health insurance. Bridget & Barrett’s friends and family are rallying to help them pay the bills so that they can focus on Bridget’s health. You can learn more about Bridget at her blog: www.bridgetzinn.com/blog.
The goal is to reach $5000 but lets beat that the way that Bridget is beating cancer.
Thank you Cailin for organizing this. What a terrific friend.