How do you know you might be a good candidate? Here are ten things to consider:
1. You love poetry as much or more than dark chocolate.
2. You love posting for Poetry Friday.
3. You email others about poetry books they should read.
4. You send poetry postcards
5. You are known as the poetry person.
6. You blog ALOT about poetry.
7. You try to convince your book club to read a poetry book.
8. You want to receive poetry in the mail.
9. You go to conferences and search for your poetry people.
10.You are heard saying, “For the love of poetry” often.
Panelist for Round One: plan on reading 30-40 poetry books and whittle the selection to 5-7 finalists.
Judge for Round Two: read the 5-7 finalists and select the Winner for the CYBILS Poetry Award.
If you are interested in participating in this year’s CYBILs award, please sign-up HERE.
There are a lot of links to explain all the ins and outs of being a panelist or judge.
Friday, September 5, 2014 is the deadline for applying. Participants will be announced September 15, 2014